This year is going to be one of growth for the My Home Life Essex Community Association and we’re looking for volunteers to help care home residents across Essex to enjoy life to the full.
Don’t worry if you don’t have any experience in the care profession because we’re seeking warm-hearted individuals from all walks of life who are willing to share their enthusiasm and skills with others and make a difference their community.
Let’s start with four quick questions:
- Do you live in Essex?
- Have you started 2014 thinking that you’d like to do some volunteering but not sure what to do?
- Have you at least an hour a week that you can give?
- Would you like to help older people living in your community?
If you answered “Yes” to these questions then why not contact us for a chat to find out how we can help you to connect with a local care home, start making new friends and, most importantly, improving the quality of life for its residents.
We work with care home managers and their teams to complement the great work they do because there’s always the opportunity to add fresh ideas and introduce new activities. The scope is endless and everyone has something they can give, for example:
- Chatting with and listening to residents
- Helping with activities e.g. arts & crafts
- Sharing a hobby or encouraging residents to take up a new hobby
- Supporting the care teams with events
- Playing cards or board games with residents
- Sharing music and singing
- Helping residents to enjoy trips outside of their care home
- Background support such as helping to produce newsletters etc.
We’ll make sure that we look after you: you’ll receive an induction into your volunteer role, we’ll introduce you to the care home manager and provide ongoing support to enable you to customise your volunteer role and get the most from it.
What are you waiting for? We look forward to hearing from you! Please contact our Development Officer Debbie Tanner, or call 0845 017 1095 who can tell you more and answer any questions you may have.