Are you concerned about a loved one?

Published on

It can be challenging to know how to cope when an older relative or friend is struggling to live independently and perhaps difficult conversations need to take place.

The My Home Life Essex Community Association is here for you at such a time as we provide a professional and independent advice line so that you can ask all those tricky questions.

We work in partnership with Independent Age which is a long established charity with a 150 year history of supporting older people. For the cost of a phone call you can speak to an expert in confidence about the issues around a move into residential care from finding a suitable home to the funding options. The aim is to give you and your loved one the information needed to make the right decision for them according to their wishes and preferences.

Beyond that, if you would like ongoing support through the process then we will be happy to help as we understand what a difficult time it can be for the older person and those close to them. We can advise you on how to manage the move and how to ensure that settling into the new home is as comfortable as possible for your loved one.

If you live in Essex and would like to seek advice please call 0845 017 7720.

To discuss ongoing local support you can contact our Development Officer Debbie Tanner, or call her on 0845 017 1095.