We need your donations
Uncertainy now surrounds our vital Fundraising Events
Like every charity we just do not know what, if any, of our planned fundraising events will be able to take place this year due to the ongoing Covid-19 situation. This is a massive disappointment as we hoped to build on last year’s success. Last year we raised 10% of our income from public generosity in support of our work, including at a very successful Charity Cricket Match and personal fundraisers who asked for donations to the charity in lieu of Birthday presents.
This year we had hoped to repeat the Charity Cricket Day and had also been planning a Charity Cycle Ride Event to help us raise much needed funds while also publicising our charitable work. We had also secured personal sponsorship support for 3 riders in the now cancelled Essex Velo Race.
Working behind the scenes at this time the Charity’s volunteer Trustees are spending long hours preparing the necessary funding application bids, promoting our work, justifying our impact and our continued need for funding to employ our fantastic Team FaNs who enable the FaNs network to thrive in Essex. We are all aware that successfully winning grant funding this year will be even more challenging and competitive given the impact of Covid-19 on so many charities.
How can you help us?
We realise that for many of our FaNs things will be tighter financially this year, but we really do welcome all donations, however small, to help sustain our work.
There are different ways to help:
Donate via Just Giving
- Our Just Giving page is always available for anyone willing and able to donate to keep the Charity going. You may only know us as FaNs Network, but this is the correct charity Just Giving page as we need to use our registered charity name.
- On Just Giving you can donate using your card or PayPal.
- If you register with Just Giving we will say 'Thank You' by email, but if you prefer to remain anonymous - please take this as our 'Thank You' and know that we really appreciate your donations.
On some of our Facebook Posts you may see a FB Donate button. This is another option, but as there is often a delay on the money reaching the Charity account Just Giving is our prefered option.
Give While You Shop Online via The Giving Machine
- Give while you shop - You can ensure FaNs receives small amounts of commission at no extra cost to yourself when shopping online at a variety of stores, when buying train tickets etc, via The Giving Machine website/app.
- We have been selected as the The Giving Machine Featured Charity for May so please tell all your family and friends and share the link!
- To use the shopping link just go to the site or download the app, register, select FaNs Network as your charity to benefit and shop via the app/link. The available stores/outlets give a small percentage to the charity for each purchase. You will get a monthly statement of how much you have raised. The amounts are very small, but everything adds up, so please share this link and request to support FaNs network with your friends and family.
Why not complete a Sponsored Challenge for us, or make us Your Charity of the Year?
- If you want to do a personal sponsored challenge in aid of the charity or if your school or workplace wants to make FaNs Network your ‘Charity of the Year’ please let us know.
- You can also set up your Fundraiser page on ourJust Giving page.
Email us firstname.lastname@example.org
Let's continue to #makeeverymomentcount for our Essex Care Home Residents and help us support the Carers
Thank you from all at My Home Life Essex Community Association – the charity behind FaNs Network Essex.