We're looking for new person to join us. Read below for information about how to apply;
Job Descripion: FaNs Projects Coordinator – Tendring
Known locally as Friends & Neighbours (FaNs), our many projects enable older people living in Essex Care Homes to connect once again with their wider community. We encourage community participation, aiming to improve residents' quality of life and well-being; reduce social isolation and loneliness by promoting a sense of purpose, along with creating new opportunities and helping to re-live older past-times. These connections are greatly beneficial to older people and to the community who engage with them.
As FaNs Projects Coordinator you will enable care homes in the Tendring district to connect with their local communities through our FaNs projects. Your key responsibilities will include:
· Develop relationships with local care homes and use these relationships to identify needs of their elderly residents. Initially working with around 4 or 5 care homes.
· Develop relationships with local communities including community groups, individuals and companies who can support our FaNs projects.
· Gain commitment to FaNs projects from everyone involved explaining the goals, timelines, and expectations. Where appropriate ensure a risk assessment is completed before a project can go ahead.
· Report progress of any FaNs projects and gather evidence of outcomes including attendance, photos and quotes from care home residents, staff, volunteers, family, or friends involved
· Keep track of any contact made with care homes and report progress each week to the charity
· Assist the charity with social media updates and where required, provide information to help the charity with its reporting to funders
This is a flexible working arrangement within the Tendring District for someone who can drive, work from home when not required to visit care homes, attend regular meetings virtually and occasionally meet face to face within North/Mid Essex.
What are we looking for?
· Someone who is driven to achieve outcomes, able to work independently and part of a small team, able to plan projects effectively, passionate about helping others, can build successful relationships and is able to work flexibly.
· Experience working in the care sector is preferred but not essential.
· A recent DBS check completed within the last 6 months. This can be paid for by the charity if one is not available.
· A valid UK driving licence and for you to have access to a reliable vehicle to be able to regularly visit local care homes. We will pay for your travel expenses.
· You will need to have a reliable mobile phone service to keep in contact. We will pay you a monthly allowance for your phone.
Who are My Home Life Essex Community Association (MHLECA)? MHLECA are the charity behind FaNs Network, operating predominantly across North-East and Mid-Essex. This includes Braintree, Chelmsford, Colchester, and Tendring. We are recognised as the 'go to' charity for Essex statutory organisations (CCG, Essex CC, local boroughs, etc) needing to connect to a diverse care home sector.
Hours: 14 per week flexibly over 3-4 days Pay: £10 per hour plus travel expenses and allowance for phone
To apply please send your cv to: email@example.com