Do you know someone in Essex who is going the extra mile to help make sure that older people living in residential care are engaging with their wider community?
Do their efforts deserve to be publically recognised? You might like to consider nominating them for a My Home Life Essex FaNs award.
Anyone who is making an outstanding contribution is eligible, whatever their age or position. Awards are for individuals or groups or organisations. Awards take the form of a Certificate and a Transcript giving a brief description of the nominee’s contribution and are personally presented.
If you would like to nominate somebody you know for an all year round award, please get in touch for details of what we need from you.
We also have some Annual Awards, including a special award The Sister Alice Bellord Trophy for the FaNs Essex Supporting Organisation of the Year. This is for the organisation in Essex who, in the opinion of the MHLECA Board, have best supported Care Home residents to be engaged in their wider community over the previous 12 months. This Trophy has been funded by a Legacy received from a former volunteer 'community visitor' Alice Bellord, from the Canonesses of the Holy Sepulchre, who regularly visited a Colchester care home.
Award winners are also featured on our website, in newsletters and, where possible, in the local press.
FaNs Essex Awards 2019
Last year we presented the following awards at a Celebration Event on 27 June 2019.
- FaNs Essex Volunteer of the Year sponsored by Duna Ibrahim
- FaNs Essex Volunteer Team of the Year presented by Suzi's Gift & Tea Shop
- FaNs Essex Activity Coordinator of the Year sponsored by Simarco International Ltd
- FaNs Essex Young FaNs Club Award sponsored by Wallis Shipping
- The Sister Alice Bellord Award for the FaNs Essex Supporting Organisation of the Year presented by the Sister Teresa Lenahan
- FaNs Care Home of the Year presented by BBC Essex
Photographs, with details of the event and the lucky Winners, can be found here